Sep 11

Watching Public Enemy last friday really drew me into the class.  The film was very intriging and enjoyable.  It was pretty awesome to see that these two poor guys put their mind to becoming rich.  One minute they were walking around the streets and the next they were in high end clubs with expensive clothes, woman, drinks etc.  Some may disagree but I liked that the main character died in the end.  It gave a good ending and a stop to the maddness.  It showed that even though he was wealthy and was able to “beat the system” he couldn’t do it forever.  Theres an end to everything and his lifestyle was put to an end.

I feel that this film was the start of a whole new genre.  After this film, great hits like “The Godfather” “Scarface” and “Good Fellas” were created and had a very similar concept.  I can see the comparasions between Tom Powers and Michael Corleone from “The Godfather”.  They both started out innocent, having no relation with the mob.  All of a sudden once they get involved they cant be stoped, and theyre the ones killing people now.  They’re the ones that people have to look out for.

Print Friendly

13 comments so far

1. 1 nlobello824
    2:59 am - 12-17-2011

Joanna I really liked the reference you made to modern day “gangster” movies. I also used a similar example in my response because I feel this film set a nice ground floor for many future films in this genre. Good work I enjoy reading your work.

2. 2 make money online
    7:25 pm - 3-31-2013

We stumbled over here by a different website and thought I should check things out.
    I like what I see so now i’m following you. Look forward to looking into your web page yet again.

3. 3 Mortgage Rates Texas
    2:54 am - 4-5-2013

You really make it appear really easy along with your presentation however
    I in finding this topic to be actually one thing that I believe I might by
    no means understand. It seems too complicated and extremely
    wide for me. I am having a look forward to your next post, I’ll try to get the hang of it!

4. 4 Trick Photography and Special Effects
    4:29 pm - 4-5-2013

I used to be recommended this blog through my cousin.
    I’m now not certain whether this post is written by way of him as no one else understand such special approximately my problem. You’re amazing!
    Thank you!

5. 5 ipsos
    12:07 am - 4-8-2013

That is a good tip particularly to those fresh to the blogosphere.

Brief but very precise info… Many thanks for sharing
    this one. A must read article!

6. 6 money making
    7:43 pm - 4-27-2013

fantastic points altogether, you just received a new reader.
    What could you recommend about your submit that you made a few days ago?
    Any certain?

7. 7 http://swk-kredit.info/
    9:36 pm - 5-17-2013

Now if you wanted to keep your monthly cost lower for the same car you could take a year longer to pay off the loan.
    Aber beim Darlehenen ist der Vorteil faktisch die umgehende Erfllung
    eines Traums ohne zu guter Letzthrelanges Sparen.
    ft bekommen; Obwohl es extrem so wichtig wirkt, Ihre Suchoptionen erforschen, w.

8. 8 woemns health
    5:10 pm - 7-3-2013

Heya i’m for the primary time here. I came across this board and I find It truly helpful & it helped me out a lot. I hope to present something back and aid others like you aided me.

9. 9 valued opinions
    6:35 pm - 8-8-2013

Hello there! Would you mind if I share your blog with my myspace group?
    There’s a lot of folks that I think would really appreciate your content. Please let me know. Thanks

10. 10 Utah Home Loans
    2:33 am - 11-3-2013

Sounds like the film about the financial crisis that hit the country not to long ago regarding the home mortgage industry. Good plot though, also glad to see his market came crashing down on his fortune too.

11. 11 mesothelioma lawyer
    6:31 pm - 11-5-2013

Hi mates, how is everything, and what you wish for to say about this post, in my view its genuinely awesome for me.

12. 12 make money taking surveys
    6:32 pm - 11-5-2013

Great article! This is the type of information that are
    meant to be shared around the internet. Shame on
    Google for now not positioning this put up higher! Come on over and consult with my web site .

1. qploanz.com